For Professional Advisors
Clients are increasingly starting to view charitable giving as part of a holistic approach to wealth and estate management. By partnering with Hawke’s Bay Foundation, your clients have the flexibility to shape their own charitable giving to reflect their personal goals and desires. Whether they want to address an urgent need in the community, memorialise a loved one, or help out a charity with a project, we have a giving option to help them make an impact and improve the lives of others in the community.
A growing number of professional advisors are partnering with Hawke’s Bay Foundation because we provide the benefit of talking about philanthropy, without recommending a specific cause. Unlike other charities that support a specific cause or issue, our mandate is to support the entire charitable sector in Hawke’s Bay.
How Can We Help?
The Hawke’s Bay Foundation is happy to support your work with clients. At no cost to you, we can:
- Consult with you and your clients on ways Hawke’s Bay Foundation can help them meet their charitable and financial goals.
- Provide printed and online collateral about giving through the Hawke’s Bay Foundation, including information on a variety of different giving strategies.
- Offer strategies for discussing charitable giving with your clients.
- Make it as easy as possible for you to set up a Named Fund on behalf of your clients by providing all the necessary forms and information.
- Keep you updated via our newsletter on latest news and organisations we are supporting.
- Share with your clients our knowledge and expertise to find out more about an area that they are interested in to get advice on that area and its changing needs.
- Work closely with your clients to advise them about the management and granting of the funds or they can leave it to us – it is their choice
There are a number of ways for your clients to give to the Hawke’s Bay Foundation, from one off donations to a planned giving strategy that is designed to help them make charitable gifts while enjoying the tax benefits, maintaining their financial security and looking after family members.
Resources To Help Guide You.
We have made it as easy as possible for you by providing some useful forms and suggested clauses to insert in your client’s Will, when setting up a Named Fund with Hawke’s Bay Foundation :
A pdf form for establishing an endowment fund. Please print and have your client sign the completed document.
An editable form for establishing an endowment. Please complete the areas indicated, print and have your client sign the form.
Use these noted to help you when completing the Named Endowment Form above.
Clause for Memorandum of Wishes.
Use the clause below for inserting a Memorandum of Wishes into a Trust Deed.
Please print and have your client sign the completed document.
A selection of clauses that you can cut and paste into your documents as needed.
A useful tool for professional advisors to assist you to ask the giving question of your clients.
Contact us if you would like to:
- Meet to discuss a client’s specific interests
- Receive an Information Package
- Hear from Hawke’s Bay Foundation via the newsletter
- Book a presentation for you and your staff to find out more