Hawke’s Bay Foundation is looking for an administration and donor relationship superstar.
If you’re a whizz with word, excellent at excel and a dab hand at database management, we want to hear from you. You will need to be passionate about making a positive difference in our community, and have exceptional communication skills as you will be helping to build strong relationships with our donors.
We are a small team who have to pack a punch and we are looking for someone to join us. You need a can- do attitude and be happy to cover all aspects of the role.
Part-time approx 15 hours/week.
Administration/Operations Coordinator – Contract Role
Hours of Work: 15 hours per week
Job Summary: To develop and support the work of the Hawkes Bay Foundation in growing local generosity. The main focus of this role is to provide and coordinate administration support to the Foundation Board and team. This will include developing robust administrative processes, being the first point of contact for enquiries, coordinating events and delivery of all administrative functions identified within the annual plan.
Reports to: Development Manager
Relationships: Trustees, Development Manager, Finance Officer, Contracted Communications support, Sub-committees
Relationships: Donors, Sponsors, Ambassadors, External Advisors, Community Groups, Professional Advisors, Press, Suppliers.
About HBF: Our mission is to inspire and enable giving for a thriving Hawke’s Bay: an outstanding place to live, learn, work and play, now and for generations to come. We are a registered charitable trust which receives gifts and bequests on people’s behalf and we then safeguard those funds, growing them for the long term.
|Area of Responsibility||Actions and Outcomes|
Donor Stewardship –
· Day to day point of contact for charity, sponsor or donor enquiries ensuring these are responded to promptly and professionally.
· Donor liaison/ communication as required with Trustee or Development Manager guidance.
|Marketing and Communications
|· Maintain the HBF website and update social media accordingly.
· Update website with news and stories about HBF and its work with charities.
· Manage marketing collateral stocks and maintain stocks at Professional offices.
· Coordinate annual report.
· Manage distribution of newsletter and other communications as directed by the Development Manager. E.g. Annual Donor letter, billboards and posters.
· Organise events and schedule visits. E.g. Professional visits, annual giving event, Tea at Ten. This will include managing invitations, RSVP and follow-up after the event.
· Develop & design marketing collateral
· Brand guardianship- ensure HBF brand is used correctly across all platforms.
|· Provide administrative support to Development Manager and Trustees as required.
· Maintain Fundraiser database (contacts and donations), ensuring data integrity.
· Record, receipt and acknowledge donations, facilitate pass-through donations
· Collate, distribute papers and record minutes for Board meetings and Distribution Committee meetings.
· Perform general office administration as necessary (filing, mail, stationery orders, etc.)
· Maintain Trustee and conflict of interest registers.
· Ensure Trustee orientation, and onboarding documentation is up to date and complete.
· Responsible for all email activity in the email@example.com email.
· Coordinate the annual Application/ Distribution funding round.
· Update Charities Services and Companies Office information as required.
· Maintain TTF Regional Funding Manager relationship –renewal etc
· Coordinate TTF annual reporting in conjunction with the Finance Coordinator.
· Coordinate Community Foundations NZ reporting in conjunction with Finance Coordinator
· Develop and maintain operating procedures for daily activities and tasks.
· Lodging of all required non- financial reporting with NZ Charities Services. E.g. updating Trustee details and rule changes.
· Coordinate round-table accountability reporting including venue, invitations and scheduling.
· Update of the database with accountability information.
|Supporting Governance||· Undertake Board secretarial tasks including agenda, minutes, paper distribution, catering and any other meeting preparation as required.
· Administrative support to sub-committees as required.
|Health and Safety
|· Contributing to a healthy and safe working environment by observing safety policy; identifying, assessing and controlling hazard in the workplace; implementing procedures that have been developed to ensure health and safety.|
|Other duties||· Flexible & willing to perform a variety of tasks.
· Willingly takes on additional tasks/responsibilities to assist the team.
· Actively participates in matters/meetings affecting the business and the team
· Provides a back up to other members of the team as required.
|Key skills/attributes required|
|· Excellent keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft programmes, social media and internet banking.
· Ability to meet deadlines, follow through with tasks and use initiative to ensure tasks are completed.
· Demonstrate personal energy, integrity, tact, trust, always act ethically.
· Work well independently and as part of a team.
· A high level of attention to detail is required.
· Respect and maintain the confidentiality of information and records.
· Works well as part of a small team & can work autonomously
· Proficiency in database management.
· Desktop publishing (eg: Indesign) is highly desirable.
If you think this sounds interesting and most importantly you can do the majority of job then please email your CV to us firstname.lastname@example.org